This Instant Pot Vegan Quinoa Chili incorporates seasonal ingredients to provide a hearty one-pot meal that is sure to warm your soul!
With cooler weather upon us, this vegan quinoa chili definitely soothes the soul! It’s a quick and easy recipe that you can make in the Instant Pot…even while you’re WFH in your jammies. It’s great paired with a Mexican meal, or just a one-pot meal on its own. It has just the right ingredients like quinoa, vegetables, and chili beans to make it a balanced meal perfect for post-workout (Crossfitters, think Murph!). It’s definitely one to keep in your back pocket!
Instant Pot Vegan Quinoa Chili Ingredients
This Vegan Quinoa Chili recipe is especially great for those days when you want to use up all the veggies in your frig before they start to spoil. To me, it’s such a satisfying feeling to know that I have not wasted any produce. I love the versatility of this Vegan Quinoa Chili recipe since you have the flexibility to substitute any veggies you have on hand. The recipe below is simply a guide to get you started. Generally, I love using the following veggies in my Quinoa Chili:
Steps To Making Instant Pot Vegan Quinoa Chili
This Vegan Quinoa Chili can be made in 3 easy steps!
Step 1: Saute your veggies, quinoa, beans, and seasonings.
Step 2: Add your vegetable stock.
Step 3: Cook on Multigrain for 12 minutes.
You can either Quick Release if you’re in a rush, or Naturally Release if you have the time.
Done! Add any toppings you like and this Vegan Quinoa Chili becomes a satiating, delicious weeknight meal!
Again, feel free to substitute any vegetables you have on hand. Some ideas of other vegetables that go well in this chili recipe are:
Vegan Instant Pot Quinoa Chili
- Instant Pot
- 1 tbspn avocado oil
- 1 med onion
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4-6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 can S&W chili beans
- ½ tspn ground cumin
- ¼ tspn ground black pepper
- 2 tspn onion powder
- 2 tspn paprika
- salt to taste
- red chili pepper flakes optional to add spice
- 32 oz low-sodium vegetable stock
- Set IP to Saute mode.
- Heat avocado oil.
- Add chopped garlic, vegetables, quinoa, chili beans and spices.
- Saute for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetable stock and stir well.
- Shut the IP lid. Change setting to Multigrain 9 minutes with valve in 'Sealing' position.
- When IP beeps, you can either manually vent, or allow for natural release of steam. Carefully open the lid. Taste and adjust spices accordingly.
2. You can substitute black or pinto beans instead of the S&W chili beans. Simply add about 1-2 tbsp taco seasoning.
Other Vegan Instant Pot Soups
If you’re looking for some more easy vegan Instant Pot soups to enjoy, check out these fabulous recipes!
Instant Pot Vegetable Soup by Where You Get Your Protein
Vegan White Bean and Kale Soup by The Kitchen Girl
Instant Pot Tomato Soup by Nora Cooks
As always, I would love to hear your feedback or questions about this recipe. Comment below!
Add MacroNutrients To MyFitnessPal
To add this Instant Pot Vegan Quinoa Chili recipe to your MyFitnessPal Food Diary, follow these 4 simple steps:
- Select and copy Warrior In The Kitchen Instant Pot Vegan Quinoa Chili
- Click on the MFP logo below and login to access your Food Diary.
- Click on Add Food under the meal heading you wish to add your food.
- Paste ‘Warrior In The Kitchen Instant Pot Vegan Quinoa Chili‘ into the Food Database Search bar to access the nutrition info and add to your Food Diary.